PeakTrader.com Forum Index PeakTrader.com
Economics, Portfolio Optimization, and Technical Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letters to the Editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Portfolio Optimization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Letters to the Editor Reply with quote

Thanks. There's always some volatility to lower average cost or minimize short-term losses to make up for buying too soon, and yet still be in position, much of the time, to make big gains. However, I like to keep a lot in cash, in case the stock accelerates higher or lower. A little more or less volatility makes a big difference in buying and selling options. Ideally, I'd like to keep over two-thirds in cash and make money on the margin. However, it often doesn't work out that way. So, I have to be careful and play it safe most of the time. However, when everything lines-up, I don't mind holding heavy option positions, which is where I make most of my gains. I should be making far fewer trades each year. When my cash gets too low or I'm buying more options than I want, then those are warning signs. I know when I'm falling into a market trap, and often it's very tough to get out, even though I know I'll lose money. I'm neutral on oil now. I should wait for an overreaction in oil stocks. Gold looks safer (for puts). So, I'll start with small positions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I like about your style is that even when you are not right on the call, you are very good at squeezing most out of it. Also, you bounced back very big after the big drawdown in Dec.

How are you trading Oil now? mostly support/resistance?

Anyways, hats off to you... I hope to emulate your success eventually

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much. Although, my portfolio is way up, I'm very disappointed with my trading. My earnings predictions were horrendous, recently, and even worse, I traded them wrong. Consequently, I made fewer earnings picks, this quarter. Fortunately, my big trades eventually worked out well. Now, I'm back on track for another over 100% annual return for the third year in a row.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats Arthur,

wonderful call on the spx puts. Way to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Portfolio Optimization All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: